Digital games and interactive content
As an extension of its existing funding programmes, the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW will now be supporting the development and production of computer and video games and interactive content from the fields of VR/AR, web and mobile as part of its guideline on „Digital Games and interactive content“ with immediate effect.
Who can submit applications?
- Those entitled to apply are companies and business people who are developing and producing digital games or interactive content.
- have a registered office, a permanent establishment or a branch office in North Rhine-Westphalia, or can make it credible upon submission of the application that they will have their registered office, a permanent establishment or a branch office in North Rhine-Westphalia by the time of the disbursement of the first instalment.
What are the funding conditions?
- The funding of concept development takes the form of a grant. This may amount up to 80 per cent of the production costs, but shall not exceed 20,000 Euros.
- The funding of prototype development takes the form of a grant. This may amount up to 80 per cent of the production costs, but shall not exceed 10,000 Euros.
- The production funding takes the form of a conditionally repayable, interest-free loan. This may amount up to 50 per cent of the production costs, but shall not exceed 500,000 Euros.
How does it function?
- A consultation is a precondition before submitting the application.
- Required information and documents are specified in the application forms.
- The funding decisions are taken by an allocation committee chaired by the CEO..
- The decisions are taken on the basis of the funding guideline and a list of criteria cf. annex to the guidelines.
When can one make submissions?
- There are 2-3 funding sessions per year.
- First deadline for submissions is 15.03.2019,
- Other deadlines will be announced in due course.
You can find the guidelines and list of criteria here.
You can find the application forms for production and development here.
Till Hardy, TillHardy@filmstiftung.de
Tel: +49 211-93050 42