As a leading hub for mobile business in Germany, NRW offers optimum conditions for the next generation of mobile phones. Three of the four largest German mobile phone operators – T-Mobile, Vodafone and Telefónica – are based in NRW. In addition, there is a strong TV, games and print sector, which is increasingly making its content available via mobile formats, as well as an efficient infrastructure of service-providers, developers and research institutions. The Film- und Medienstiftung NRW backs innovative content for use on mobile phones and supports the young developer scene in NRW.
Facts and figures
- major players: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Huawei, Ericsson, Telefónica
- federal state with the most mobile Internet users
- mobile phone hub of Düsseldorf a leader in Europe
- successful and diverse app developer scene
- dmexco, c/o pop, DWNRW Award as meeting places
- pioneer in location-based services
- good conditions for young developers and start-ups
More on “Mobile” in the location brochure, published by Film- und Medienstiftung NRW.
Tel: +49 211-930 50 305
Head of Communications