As a leading hub for mobile business in Germany, NRW offers optimum conditions for the next generation of mobile phones. Three of the four largest German mobile phone operators – T-Mobile, Vodafone and Telefónica – are based in NRW. In addition, there is a strong TV, games and print sector, which is increasingly making its content available via mobile formats, as well as an efficient infrastructure of service-providers, developers and research institutions. The Film- und Medienstiftung NRW backs innovative content for use on mobile phones and supports the young developer scene in NRW.
Facts and Figures
- Major players: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Telefónica, Huawei, Ericsson
- Essen nationally the city with the highest mobile use per capita
- Mobile phone hub of Düsseldorf a leader in Europe
- Successful and diverse app developer scene
- Pioneer for location-based services
- Dmexco, Interactive Festival
- Good conditions for young developers and start-ups
- Funding programme for digital content:
More on “Mobile” in the location brochure, published by Film- und Medienstiftung NRW.
Tel: +49 211-930 50 305
Consultant PR / Marketing