Major international publishers and a strong developer scene provide the backbone for NRW as a game hub. The picture is completed by the gamescom and the German Developer Award as top events for the video games industry. The Film- und Medienstiftung NRW supports the development of innovative game products. Aware of the industry’s cultural and economic importance, the Land of NRW also supports the transfer of innovative game technologies into classical industries.
Facts and figures
- one of the games hubs with the highest turnover in Germany
- global players: Electronic Arts and Ubisoft
- gamescom in Cologne: the world‘s largest games trade fair
- diverse developer scene with a long tradition
- centre for eSports: Electronic Sports League, ESL One Cologne, successful clans
- German Developer Award, Clash of Realities, devcom, Evoke, Next Level Festival, Gamification Day
- games.nrw as interest group, Cologne Game Haus as new business incubator
More on “Games” in the location brochure, published by Film- und Medienstiftung NRW.
Tel: +49 211-930 50 304
Consultant Games & Webvideo