Founders & Start-ups
North Rhine-Westphalia has one of the liveliest ecosystems on offer to founders and start-ups in Europe. Funding at all stages, affordable co-working spaces and the political decision-makers’ high regard for innovation form the basis for one of Germany’s highest rates of start-ups in NRW. The proximity to investors and a broad client base in all industrial sectors are unique in Germany and provide outstanding development opportunities. The Mediencluster NRW is the first port of call and contact for start-ups, young creatives and companies and provides a comprehensive range of services and information.
Facts and figures
- Germany’s No. 1 start-up stronghold
- outstanding infrastructure with large number of co-working spaces
- six regional DigiHubs as contact points for founders
- good access to private and state venture capital
- incubators like 1stMOVER or Startplatz as drivers of the start-up ecosystem
- successful networks such as NRWalley, Start-up Region_OWL or StartupDorf
- events: dmexco, Pirate Summit, Rheinland-Pitch, StartupCon, RuhrSummit, Creative Startup Slam
- Urlaubsguru, Kalaydo, auxmoney and Trivago as start-up benchmarks
More on “Founders & Startups” in the location brochure, published by Film- und Medienstiftung NRW.
Tel: +49 211-930 50 305
Consultant PR / Marketing